Tope Oshin, born on the 10th of June 1979, is a multi-award-winning Nigerian television and film director, producer, casting director, and consultant. She is also the founder and CEO of Sunbow Productions.
She studied economics at the University of Ilorin, Kwara State, but left the course to study Public Administration, and then Theatre Arts, TV & Film Production at Lagos State University.
She became more interested in filmmaking and later studied Film Production, and Cinematography at Colorado Film School of the Community College of Aurora, Denver, and Met Film School, Ealing Studios, London respectively.
Tope is also an alumnus of ‘Talents Durban’ and Berlinale Talents, a networking summit of select outstanding creatives from the world of film and drama series across the globe.
She commenced her career in 2005 with R & M media, as an actress. In 2007, she became an Assistant Director at 341 Media but left to Ark Resources Entertainment the same year. She left Ark Resources to Storm Media Group as an Associate Producer/Assistant Director in 2008.
Tope Oshin commenced her career as a producer in 2009, with Inspire Africa Productions. She left to M-Net in 2010, and functioned in the capacity of Box and Content Producer/Director, until 2013, when she left for EbonyLifeTv.
At EbonyLifeTv, she worked as the Acting Head of Drama and later became the Project Manager/Supervising Producer of the company.
Thus far, Tope Oshin has produced, directed, and written several award-winning movies. She is also one of the jurors for the International Emmy Award.
Tope Oshin is the CEO of Sunbow Productions Limited. Sunbow Productions Ltd. is a full-service motion picture production company.
Sunbow is also a casting solution and talent supply agency. The company handled the auditions and casting for MTV Shuga Seasons 3, 4 and 6, Taste of Love, Walking with Shadows, Rush, Hush, Ojos in d’house, The Governor, Battleground, e.t.c.
The company’s clients include MTV Staying Alive Foundation, EbonylifeTV, Nooce Thematics, Ark Resources, EbonyLife Films, Ascend Studios, Out of Africa, Abdu Simba Productions, e.t.c.
- Journey to Self (As a Director) – 2012
- Fifty (As a Producer) – 2015
- The Wedding Party 2 (As a Producer) – 2017
- InLine (As a Director) – 2017
- New Money (As a Director) – 2018
- Up North (As a Director) – 2018
- We Don’t Live Here Anymore (As a Director and Producer) – 2018
- The Young Smoker (As a Director and Producer) – 2011
- Till Death Do Us Part (As a Director and Producer) – 2013
- New Horizons (As a Director and Producer) – 2013
- Crush (As a Director, Producer, Editor, and Writer) – 2014
- Ireti (As a Director, Producer, and Writer) – 2015
- Tinsel (TV series and Soap Opera, Seasons 2-5. As a Director, Box/Content Producer) – 2009 – 2012
- Moments With Mo (Talk Show, As a Producer) – 2009
- Bridges (Drama Series, Season 1, As a Director) – 2012
- Love and War (TV Movie, As a Director, Producer, and Casting Director) – 2013
- Conversations At Dinner (TV Movie, As a Director, Producer, and Casting Director) – 2013
- Walk The Talk (Talk Show, Season 1, As a Director, and Producer) – 2014
- Hotel Majestic (Tele-Novella, As a Director) – 2015
- Hush (Tele-Novella, As a Director) – 2016
- EvoL (TV Feature, As a Director, Producer, Casting Director, and Writer) – 2016
- GidiUp 3 (Drama Series, As a Director) – 2016
- Ever After (TV Feature, As a Director, Producer, Casting Director, and Writer) – 2017
- BattleGround (Tele-Novella, Pre-Production, as a Content Director/Consultant) – 2017
- MTV Shuga Season 6 (As a Director, and Casting Director) – 2018
- MTV Shuga Naija Season 4. She functioned as the ShowRunner, Lead Director, Producer, Casting Director, and Executive Producer – 2019
- Amaka’s Kin – The Women of Nollywood. (As a Director, Producer, and Writer) – 2016
- Nigeria: Shooting It Like a Woman. (As a Presenter) – 2017
Awards And Honors
- Best Directing at The Audi Visual Awards (TAVA) Lagos – 2011
- Audience Prize at the In-short film festival, Lagos – 2011
- Special Jury Mention at the In-short film festival, Lagos – 2011
- Best Director at the In-short film festival – 2012
- In-short film festival honoured her with the award of Best Film – 2012
- Best Short Film at the Abuja International Film Festival – 2012
- Slum Film Festival named the Young Smoker as Best Narrative Film – 2013
- Best Movie with a social message at the Best of Nollywood Awards – 2013
- Special Jury Award at the Africa Movie Academy Awards – 2014
- Teens Favorite TV and Film Producer at the Teens Favorite Awards, Nigeria – 2014
- Golden Short Award at the Golden Movie Awards Africa – 2015
- African Woman in Film Award by the African Women Development Fund – 2015
- Best Documentary at the Best of Nollywood Awards – 2016
- Womens Only Entertainment Film Festival named her the Best International Female Director – 2016
- Best International Short Film at the Womens Only Entertainment Film Festival – 2016
- At the Nigerian Broadcast Media Awards, she was named Best TV Program Director – 2016
- Distinguished Alumni Medal of Honor at the In-short film festival – 2016
- Director of The Year at the Lagos Entertainment Awards – 2016
- Best Director of the Year at the City People Entertainment Awards – 2017
- OkayAfrica named her as one of the Okay 100Women honoree – 2017
- Director of the Year at the Ebonylife TV Sisterhood Awards – 2017
- Excellence in the Creative Industries at the Sisi Oge Awards – 2018
- Best Director of the Year at the Best of Nollywood Awards – 2018
- At the Best of Nollywood Awards, We Don’t Live Here Anymore was named Best Movie of the Year – 2018
- OkayAfrica Okay100Women 2017 Honoree
- Excellence in The Creative Industries Award – Sisi Oge Awards 2018
- Distinguished Alumni Medal of Honor 2016 – In-short film festival
- African Woman In Film Award 2015 by African Women Development Fund