Judith Audu is an actress, presenter, model, blogger and movie producer. She is renowned for her role as Mofe in the Nigerian television series Emerald, alongside Joseph Benjamin, Carol King, Lilian Esoro and Femi Branch.
She is also widely known for her movie production credits which include Just Not Married, Flipped and The Sessions. In 2019, she was listed among the YNAIJA 100 most Influential Nigerians in Film.
Judith was born in Navy Town, to a Naval Personnel father.
She attended the Nigerian French Language Village, Badagry in 2001 and obtained a Diploma that she used in getting a Direct Entry into the University of Lagos in 2002. In 2005, Judith obtained a B.A in French and a Masters degree in Public and International Affairs from the University of Lagos.
In 2011, Judith attended an audition for a role in the television drama, Tinsel and got the role of a gynaecologist, she has since been part of several Television Series like Emerald, Seekers, Burning Spears, Tinsel, Huzzel, 4 Walls, Comfort Zone, Rush, Funtime, Life is Beautiful, Case File, House Apart and Queens Drive.
In 2014, Judith produced her first film, a short film on domestic violence titled ‘Not Right’. She also began airing a radio show on a popular online radio station, Igroove Radio tagged Meet the Actor With Judith Audu where she does personality chats with Actors from all over the world.
In May 2016, Judith produced and premiered her first ever, full-length feature film, under her production company, Judith Audu Productions. The movie, titled Just Not Married.
Awards And Recognition
- In 2013, she was nominated for the Best Female Actor Award 2013 at the Nigerian Broadcasting Merit Award.
- In December 2014, Audu won the award for Best Actress at the In-Short International Film Festival 2014 for her role in the short-film, Alpha Mom.
- Her short film Not Right, which she produced and starred in was nominated for the 2015 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards as ‘Best Short Film’, the film was also nominated at the Best of Nollywood Awards, Nollywood Movie Awards and at the Abuja International Film Festival in 2014.
- In 2016, Judith won the award for Best Actress at the Best of Nollywood Awards for the movie Just Not Married.
- Judith won the award for Best Actress in a Supporting Role (African Film in English) for the movie Obsession at the 22nd African Film Awards in the UK in November 2018,
- At the Toronto International Nollywood Film Festival, she won for her role in the movie Unfinished Business.
- The Sessions (Producer)
- The Washerman
- Just Not Married (Producer)
- Yes I Don’t
- Gone Grey
- Plus 234 (TV Series)
- Paranoia (Short)
- A Day with Death (Short)
- The Antique
- Not Right (Producer)
- Stormy Hearts (Producer)